Friday, August 26, 2022

The Damaged Soul by Troy Calkins #EpicFantasy #SwordAndSorcery #FreeEbook #FreeKindleEbook

Free Kindle Ebook for a Limited Time for your Kindle app on your phone or PC. Click Now on the Cover Photo. Get your free Epic Fantasy  Kindle Ebook on 9/12/2022.

What does it mean to have honor?

That is something I have asked myself my whole life. My name is Bothvar; I am the son of Earl Beorcol, and this is my story.

Some think honor is to die in battle, while others think honor is to kill in battle. My brother Thorkel surely thought those things. Maybe that’s why he did what he did. I’ll never know.

Others think honor is to serve. To serve our leaders or people. To serve the greater good. Or simply serve our family and loved ones. That surely seems noble, does it not? My father surely thinks so. He’s given his life to serve all of those things.

Many think honor is something you earn, not something you’re born with or given. It’s carved from hard work. Forged in the fires of battle and hardened by pain. This is what I once thought. I spent many days and nights tempering my strength, hardening my body, and forging my will. I thought honor came from the edge of a blade. I sacrificed it all to earn it and it cost me nearly everything, leaving my heart and soul broken.

And yet, I still do not know what it means to have honor. Join me, and together we might discover the truth. Together we might earn honor. And maybe then, I can finally find peace and be reunited with my loved ones.

The Damaged Soul is a small prequel book of the Broken Souls in the Seasons of the Cycle series. It's also included in the Broken Souls novel along with the Bound Soul, Lura's story. The Series is a Dark Fantasy with a bit of romance. It’s inspired by Viking culture, but it is in no way an accurate portrayal of historical Viking culture. It takes place within a fantasy world that’s heavily influenced by ancient mythology and lore of many different cultures among other things. That being said, this book contains some pretty graphic and controversial topics such as slavery, sexual assault, death, war, violence, blood, mental health, drug addiction, and many other controversial topics.



No comments:

Post a Comment