Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Review - The Strange Case of Finley Jayne (The Steampunk Chronicles) by Kady Cross @KadyCross

The moment I finished The Strange Case of Finley Jayne the prequel to The Steampunk Chronicles. I had to ask the author about more stories with Finley. You can read that here:




I don't have a lot of experience reading steampunk. I started a podcast once but that was soon dropped by the producers and I never finished the story. I had no reason to read this but after reading a few tweets from the author and I watched an interview she had done and I thought that she seemed like an interesting person and I gave her book a chance.

It a novella length and moves very quickly too. I finished it in less than a day. I was sad it did end. I love the Finley character, she is young and inquisitive with a strange power that has yet to be fully developed. She reluctantly uses this power to protect those in need. We are first thought to believe this will push her from society but someone hears of her goodness and her power then brings her into society.

The mystery is well planned out and comes to an exciting end. Kady Cross does an excellent job at story telling. I will be looking for the next chapter in the The Steampunk Chronicles - The Girl in the Steel Corset.





Let's help these authors get the word out to readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment