Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Interview with Nomar Knight @Nomar_Knight

Nomar Knight is a writer of short stories and poems. His short stories have been published in Suspense Magazine and Lit Fest Magazine. His romantic suspense story Burning Love is available at Amazon


The Digital Ink Spot:
What's it like to live in Puerto Rico. It is commonly thought of as a vacation getaway spot. Where or what do you do to get away?

Nomar Knight: When you vacation in Puerto Rico, you tend to spend more money, therefore the possibility of having fun increases. Living in Puerto Rico, one must still pay the bills and in my case, work a full-time job. However, I do have an advantage in that when I want to unwind, I can take in the beautiful scenery, travel throughout the island, and enjoy the culture. It’s amazing how many excellent restaurants there are here, and of course, we can’t forget the beaches. I especially enjoy the weather. I don’t have to worry about putting on many layers of clothing, and I don’t worry about getting snowed in. Amazingly, we can ice skate here, but we can’t ski.

The Digital Ink Spot: What tips can you give to other writers to get their work published in magazines?

Nomar Knight: After they’ve made sure the story fits the magazine, they should write, rewrite, get someone to proofread and edit and only when other eyes have seen their work then submit without fear. The way I see it, getting rejected isn’t a matter of life and death. It comes with the territory.

The Digital Ink Spot: Have you had an encounter with the supernatural in your own life?

Nomar Knight: I’ve had several hair-raising experiences, some unusual encounters with ghosts, a couple of battles with demons, and I’ve been pushed out of my body so a soul could be saved. Don’t ask who pushed me out. I do recall seeing everything from a higher vantage point, hearing each word clearly and yet not having control of my body. The incident freaked me out.


The Digital Ink Spot: Is Nomar Knight your real name?

Nomar Knight: Is that like asking batman if that’s his real name? What if I told you my name is really Bruce Wayne, would that make a difference as to the quality of my work? For now, some things are better if they remain a mystery. The more interesting question would be does Nomar Knight exist? The answer, I see him every morning when I look in a mirror.

The Digital Ink Spot: How long have you been writing? How did you realize you were a writer?

Nomar Knight: I’ve only been writing fiction for about 12 years. Looking back at my life, I’ve been a writer since the eighth grade when I used to make up stories to entertain my teacher. I never thought about actually writing the stories down. In those days, my tales were verbal. Years later, when I found myself working in a boring job, I began writing down a few of my supernatural experiences. When I decided it was time to take my writing seriously, I began devouring whatever books I could find on writing. A writer’s website, www.writing.com became instrumental in my progress as a writer for there I met many gifted authors willing to share their knowledge with me.


If your readers are interested in reading free short stories or poetry, written by me and other writers, they can visit my blog at knightchills.blogspot.com


They may also contact me at knightchills@gmail.com, on Facebook or on twitter at @Nomar_Knight or @KnightChills


Thank you, David, for allowing me to spend some time with your readers. The service you’re providing to readers and writers alike at The Digital Ink Spot is magnificent! I wish you all the best with your fine blog and other writing endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment