Saturday, February 10, 2018

Review - 314 by A.R. Wise

Alma Harper has been trying to forget what happened in Widowsfield 16 years ago. She has a good life as a music teacher now, and might rekindle her relationship with her one true love. However, the number 314 haunts her, and threatens to bring her back to the day that her brother disappeared. When a reporter shows up, just days before March 14th, Alma realizes that her past is coming back to haunt her. What happened on March 14th, at 3:14, 16 years ago? No one but The Skeleton Man can remember.

Review - I liked this story. It caught my interest. I am not very invested in the characters but the story line has me. At times it feels like a cross between a Scooby Doo mystey and Blair Witch. There were intense moments of monologue that got me to giggle. The very end, it felt to me like a game show decision that must be made by the contestant. It didn't feel life threatening, it was comical.

May be it's my own sensibility not trust a demonic enity as far as I can throw them, but, dumb characters do. Why in the world would anyone believe what a demon told them anyway. There is no demonic honor system.

Despite these problems, I genuinely liked the story. Will I continue with the series? No. The first one was enough. I enjoyed it and time to move on.


No comments:

Post a Comment