Wednesday, October 11, 2017

New Kindle, Oasis, is waterproof and I don't care.

So, Amazon is touting that the Oasis is waterproof. That may be a selling point for some but not me. I like all the other features it has. It has a bigger screen by an inch than the other Kindles. It has more storage capability, 12 light adaptive LEDs, Wi-Fi or Wi-FI and Free cellular connectivity, and light as hell at only 6.8 ounces.

Draw backs I see, no audio plug despite being Audible friendly. You must connect to Bluetooth head  phones or speakers. My guess it to keep it waterproof. Like I said, not a selling point to me but that seems to be the way things are going these days with wireless audio. If you do a little digging you will learn how Bluetooth audio is having codec issues and sound quality but if that's the future, the will iron out all those troubles soon.

If I found this under my Christmas tree, I would not complain one bit, plug for head phones or not. Check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment