Saturday, April 30, 2016

Review: The Ice Limit by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child

This is a fun story but extremely predictable as far as I'm concerned. There is a lot of science in this book. A lot. But the scientists are dumb because I new before they did what was coming at every turn/ That  makes it less enjoyable than hoped. Also the ending is a real downer. I hear there are indirect sequels to the story that I have yet to hear. I liked the premise and I am hopeful that that the entire story arc is more satisfying than the this story on it's own.

The only other story I've heard by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child was T
wo Graves. That was much more satisfying than this. Again it this has been continued in other unrelated stories, so there may be more to this than what has been told. The reader was Scott Brick and he did a wonderful job. His work alone keep me listening. I will add him to me list of favorite readers. Over all, an interesting story with a lackluster ending. 


No comments:

Post a Comment