Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Interview with Karen V.Williams @MaryBlissParson

The Digital Ink Spot caught up with author, Karen V.Williams. She says she didn’t have the time to sit down and write full time until she was a grandmother. After her husband’s death four years ago, she needed to work. Not because he left her penniless, but because it filled her days and because it was what she’d wanted to do all her life. For nearly 30 years, she had been researching and working part time on the story of her ancestor, Mary Bliss Parsons, who was tried for witchcraft in 1675, 17 years before the Salem Witch Trials. “My Enemy’s Tears: The Witch of Northampton” was published in 2011. Since then she has written a mixed genre book (literary fiction/mystery) which is now in the hands of her agent. 

The Digital Ink Spot: What are you trying to accomplish as a writer? What is your latest story about?
Karen V.Williams: Can’t say I’m trying to accomplish anything with writing other than telling the stories I want to tell. My upcoming book is titled “The House on Seventh Street.” I set it in my home town of Grand Junction, CO where my family settled in the very early 20th century. It’s a story about going home again—something  you aren’t supposed to be able to do—and learning that you really didn’t know your parents and grandparents at all, that they weren’t who you thought they were when you were a child, that they had secrets and some of these would always remain a mystery. 

The Digital Ink Spot: When is your newest book available? 
Karen V.Williams: I wish I knew when “The House on Seventh Street” will be available. It depends upon the publisher.

The Digital Ink Spot: Where can readers find you?
Karen V.Williams: My personal website www.karenvorbeckwilliams.com, my book website: www.myenemystears.com, my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/karenvorbeckwilliams?ref=hl  I am also on Goodreads and Google and Twitter.

The Digital Ink Spot:  What sets your stories apart from the rest?
Karen V.Williams: Readers who like well-researched historical fiction written by a writer in love with her characters and her story will likely notice these things about my books. I can’t say what sets my books apart from the rest. There are so many wonderful books out there that I can’t even imagine how anyone decides which one to pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment