Thursday, May 22, 2014

Interview with Michelle Weidenbenner @MWeidenbenner1

Who is a tennis junkie, coffee-addict, blogger and psycho writer who gets crabby when life gets in the way of her word-count? Michelle Weidenbenner. The Digital Ink Spot asked Michelle Weidenbenner what it is she is trying to accomplish as a writer.

Michelle Weidenbenner: I write because I am. I am because I write. I want readers to read my stories even after I’m gone. I want to be remembered. What do I want to accomplish? Fun while I’m living. The joy of having the gift to teach and entertain readers.
My next YA novel is about a teen girl, but I don’t want to give away the premise. I haven’t seen it written before, and I don’t want someone else to grab it first. Normally I don’t worry about that sort of thing because we all tell stories differently, but this premise burns.

The Digital Ink Spot: When is your newest book available?
Michelle Weidenbenner: I have a children’s chapter book series that will launch this summer about a seven-year-old girl who has to live with her eccentric grandma when her mom gets sick and her dad leaves to find a new job. I’m in the editing stages of rewriting a young adult supernatural novel (the one I mentioned above) that I wish was done yesterday. I wrote it five years ago, but had to wait in a long line for the editor I wanted to work with. She’s a ninja who will make my writing shine.

The Digital Ink Spot: Where can readers find you?
Michelle Weidenbenner: I enjoy FB because I like to connect on an emotional level with readers and friends. I enjoy listening to their fear, joys, and sorrows. It’s life. I want to be in the thick of it with them, cry with them and pray for them. https://www.facebook.com/mweidenbenner
Twitter feels like a bunch of people shouting about themselves. It isn’t about warm relationships. It feels cold to me. Nonetheless, you’ll find me here: Twitter: @MWeidenbenner1
I love to share writerly information at my blog: http://www.randomwritingrants.com Random Writing Rants. My books are at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Michelle-Weidenbenner/e/B00E21RMNG

The Digital Ink Spot: Why should people read your stories? What sets them apart from the rest?
Michelle Weidenbenner: My novels will take readers to new places where emotions run high. CACHE a PREDATOR will take readers geocaching for a while. If you don’t know what that is then you should read the book. It’s a fun sport. Well, most of the time, unless you find a body part in a cache box. SCATTERED LINKS takes readers to Russia and then to the states through the eyes of a young teenager who’s never learned how to love. Did you know some parents are trying to re-home their children? It’s true. Like pets. This book will give readers insight as to why this happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment