Thursday, May 1, 2014

Interview with Jessica Hemingway @JessicaHemingwy

The Digital Ink Spot had a chance to interview Jessica Hemingway. We asked that she tell us a little about herself. This is what she had to share.

Jessica Hemingway: British born, I now live in New Zealand with my husband. I am the mother of two wonderful daughters.  I love traveling, and recently fell in love with the stunning scenery and colors of Utah.
A life long writer of letters to friends, family and pen pals, I discovered the world of fiction writing a few years ago when looking for a new challenge. Like many authors I've always loved to read: fiction, non-fiction, the label on the sauce bottle. You name it, I'd read it. I'm an eclectic reader, so I tend to write whatever takes my fancy rather than sticking to one genre. I won't travel anywhere without a book and like to have my next read lined-up before I finish the last page of my current book, but I rarely have more than one book on the go at once.
To unwind besides reading I sew, sketch and belly dance, or spends time chilling out with family and friends.

The Digital Ink Spot: What are you trying to accomplish as a writer? What is your latest story about?

Jessica Hemingway: I'm constantly trying to improve as a writer and explore ideas, feelings, and motivations. My latest publication, Whisper of Lightning  is about belly dancer, Jaz Sinclair, who inherits the family home when her mother dies in an accident. The house is a  veritable museum of artifacts collected by her great-grandparents on archaeological digs. While discussing plans to renovate with a builder they discover the whereabouts of a secret room. Determined to discover what lies behind the wall Jaz breaks through and releases evil beings from another realm seeking a treasure that will plunge the world into darkness. Only Jaz and her cat stand in their way.
It's a story filled with magic and mystery, and suitable for adults and young adults. It's available on Amazon, along with my other books: Consumed , The Beadmaker and Spirit of Obsession .

https://www.facebook.com/jessicahemingwayauthor

https://twitter.com/jessicahemingwy

No comments:

Post a Comment